Support for people impacted by problem gambling
The ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service is a free, anonymous and confidential service to individuals and their families and friends struggling with gambling issues. The service is provided by Relationships Australia Canberra & Region in partnership with Care Financial Counselling and offers support for individuals affected by problem gambling in the ACT region.
- About the ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service
- Like to gamble but not enjoying it as much? Gambling can become a problem when it consumes more money and time than a person can afford and it begins to affect other aspects of their psychological and emotional wellbeing, relationships with family and friends, finances and other activities.
- Community and Industry
- The ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service offers educational and support services to community and industry organisations.
- Support group for people impacted by problem gamblers
- Having a family member or friend struggling with problem gambling can be stressful and exhausting. You care about this person and you want to help them, but this can be isolating for you, sometimes without the recognition from family, friends or even support services.
- AGCSS Newsletter
- The ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service offers quarterly newsletters.
- Contact us - 1800 858 858
- Call 1800 858 858, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to access free confidential face-to-face, telephone and online counselling services.
- AGCSS reports
- Reports released by the AGCSS can be found here.
- Exclusion support from ACT gambling venues
- The ACT Online Gambling Exclusion Scheme provides a means for people to self exclude from gambling at licensed venues in the ACT.