About the ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service
If you are concerned about your own gambling or you are worried about a family member or friend’s gambling, and you are not sure what to do we can help you.
The ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service is a free service offering:
- Confidential face-to-face, telephone and online counselling services for people with a gambling problem and/or to the family or friends of people with a gambling problem (individual, relationship and financial counselling available.)
- Education and prevention activities in relation to problem gambling.
- Referral to other community agencies to better meet the needs of those affected by problem gambling.
Through this service you will talk with a counsellor about any difficulties that you are experiencing or any support you may require. You do not need a referral.
Call 1800 858 858 to talk about how we can help you.
The ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service can help with:
- Consider your gambling and work out what you want to do
- Develop strategies to support you
- Work through other issues that may contribute to your gambling
- Regain control of your self and your life.
- Think about the impact of gambling on your relationships
- Work through these effects in a supportive environment
- Establish the conditions needed to rebuild the relationship.
- Assess your debts
- Cope with your creditors
- Get back in control of your finances.
This Service receives funding from the ACT Problem Gambling Assistance Fund through the ACT Gambling and Racing Commission.